A Mercedes-Benz caught fire last night after overheating on Corniche Road behind Fardan Centre.
Mercedes burns to shell in Sharjah
SHARJAH // A Mercedes-Benz caught fire last night after overheating on Corniche Road behind Fardan Centre.
The Arab owner of the car is unharmed, police say, because he pulled over and exited the vehicle, a 1998 model, before the fire started at about 10pm.
A passing motorist alerted police about the smoking vehicle and a rescue team and fire engine were immediately sent to the scene.
By the time police arrived, the vehicle was on fire. The blaze was doused and police removed the burnt-out wreckage from the road later that night.