The National's daily guide to the latest big name transfer deals and moves taking place across world football.
Transfer talk: July 26 - New deal for Kompany, Rangers lose keeper
Al Jazira have signed Brazilian winger Fernandinho to link up with friend and countryman Ricardo Oliveira in next season's Pro League campaign. Read the full story here.
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has signed a new six-year contract with the English Premier League champions.
The 26-year-old Belgium defender, who last season led City to their first top-flight crown since 1968, was delighted to commit his long-term future to the club.
He told www.mcfc.co.uk: "For me if you are good somewhere then there is no reason to look elsewhere.
"Man City as a project is not just a project of the owners or the people employed by the club; it is also my project.
"I have been here since the beginning and I have seen everything at the club change inside and out. I have the feeling that I have contributed to it too. It is good to know that I can be at City for another six years. It is a compliment that the club feels so highly of me."
Scotland goalkeeper Allan McGregor looks set to move to Besiktas. after having a medical with the Turkish club.
The 30-year-old, who is expected to sign a two-year deal to move to istanbul, has been looking for a new club after leaving Rangers following their meltdown.
The Rangers newco, who McGregor declined to join, will dispute his right to move but the goalkeeper's former team-mates who followed the same route have been granted temporary transfer certificates by FIFA ahead of arbitration over possible compensation.
Reports had suggested that the Swans had turned down a bid of £10million plus midfielder Jonjo Shelvey as the Anfield club look to reunite Allen, 22, with former Swans boss Brendan Rodgers.
"Swansea can confirm that Liverpool have expressed an interest in Joe Allen, despite a written agreement with Liverpool not to approach any players within the 12 month period of former manager Brendan Rodgers leaving for Anfield," said the Swansea spokesman.
"There has also been interest from other clubs regarding his possible availability and the club is due to speak to Joe, as originally planned, about the situation when he returns from GB duty."
It is understood Liverpool would be able to bid for a Swansea player if the Welsh side accepted an offer from a different club.
They are similarly displeased with reports which stated Allen's contract contained a release clause that would require Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal to pay £15million for the Great Britain Olympic pick.
Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazil playmaker Oscar from Internacional in a deal worth a reported £25m (Dh142m)
The 20-year-old, who is in London with the Brazil squad competing at London 2012, joins from Internacional on a five year deal.
The winger, hailed as the new Kaka in his native Brazil, had previously indicated he would wait until after the Olympics before completing his move to London.
And his arrival at the European Cup winners could spark a flurry of further activity at Stamford Bridge.
Eden Hazard and Marko Marin have already joined Roberto Di Matteo's side, with Marseille fullback Cesar Azpilicuetaconfirmed he is also on Chelsea's radar.
"It is flattering when you have clubs such as Chelsea interested in you, but there are other clubs interested as well," the Spaniard said.
Widespread reports today also suggest Chelsea will reopen negotiations to sign Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic.
Wigan have already rejected a bid for the 21-year-old, but reports indicate the club are set to come back in for the player, who is available for £10m.
Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, the Sao Paulo vice-president, still believes an agreement can be reached with Manchester United for Lucas Moura.
Moura's agent Wagner Ribeiro had suggested there was little chance of the 19-year-old joining United this summer as the Red Devils had fallen short in their bid for £30m-rated Brazilian youngster.
However, Lopes insists the door is not closed to a deal, telling Radio Estadao ESPN: "I don't rule out the possibility that in the future there are some sort of negotiations, because we received Manchester [United] with great courtesy and left open the possibility of more talks.
"Manchester [United] came to us and their approach was serious. Other teams expressed an interest for Lucas, but only through the media in their countries."
The Premier League's top goalscorer last season is being courted by Juventus, Manchester City and Manchester United after admitting he would not sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium.
But Wenger said: "The options are clear - we want to keep our players.
"I would be happy for him to stay in the English Premier League - at Arsenal."
Wenger admits he is looking to add more recruits to his side following the signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
Malaga playmaker Santi Cazorla has been linked with a move to the club following the Qatar-backed Spanish side's cash problems.
And Wenger admitted he rated the player when asked about a possible move.