Watch: Al Wahda prepare for Asian Champions League Group A match
Abu Dhabi club take on Al Duhail having never lost to Qatari opposition in the tournament
Al Wahda's 5-0 defeat to Lokomotiv in their first Asian Champions League Group A match was the heaviest loss the UAE outfit have ever suffered in the continental competition.
They will hope for a much improved performance against Al Duhail, and will be boosted by the fact they have never lost to Qatari opposition in the tournament.
But Al Wahda manager Laurentiu Reghecampf was mindful of Al Duhail: "They are a very difficult opponent, every game they score three, four, five goals. They are a good team, they are first in the Qatar League, and that means they have a strong side."
Al Wahda's last victory in the AFC Champions League was a 5-1 win over Qatar's Al Rayyan last April.
They have been strong domestically, and currently sit second in the Arabian Gulf League.
The 5-0 loss to Lokomotiv has been their only defeat in their last 17 matches across all competitions.
Al Wahda striker Sebastian Tagliabue said: "This tournament is very, very difficult and every game is very, very hard, so we cannot focus on what happened in the past. We lost 5-0 against Lokomotiv but tomorrow [Monday] maybe we win 2-1, 3-0, 2-2. Every game is new game, we have to be ready for that."
- Watch: Cambodian defender scores comical own goal in AFC Cup
- Watch: Ahmed Al Hashmi scores screamer in Al Jazira's Asian Champions League Group A win
- Watch: Al Dhafra defender scores AGL own goal screamer
- Watch: Al Ain reach Asian Champions League group stages
- UAE teams to play games in Qatar and host Qatari sides in Asian Champions League
Updated: February 19, 2018 09:46 AM