Asian man took own life from an overpass on Airport Road
Police investigate death of man on Abu Dhabi pedestrian bridge
A man was found hanged from a pedestrian bridge in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.
Police were called to the pedestrian overpass on Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum Street — also known as Airport Road — at 11.20am.
The man was of Asian origin.
Investigations into the death are under way.
No further details were made available.
Recognise an emergency
Feeling suicidal, believing one’s self to be in a crisis, experiencing a severe panic attack or having a breakdown are all emergencies that warrant a visit to your closest emergency room. The staff will take it from there.
Pay attention, take action and don’t put it off
Start with your family doctor or visit a clinic. Get help from a psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist, and the sooner the better, so treatment can start and reassurance can set in.
Call or contact a hotline
• One such service is Twitter account Suicide Help Dubai (@SuicideDubai), who welcome private messages on Twitter and are already ready to help. Or you can call 800 4634.
• The suicide hotline of the Indian Workers Resources Centre (IWRC), an Indian Embassy-run service that provides free counselling services to expatriates, can be reached at 800 46342.
Contact one of these centres across the UAE
• The American Centre for Psychiatry and Neurology, with clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, 02 697 9999.
• The Carbone Clinic in Dubai for children and adolescents, 04 453 9810.
• The German Neuroscience Center in Dubai, 04 4298 578.
• The Psychiatry and Mental Health Centre at the Saudi German Hospital in Dubai, 04 389 0000.
• Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital in Dubai, 04 344 4010.
• Maudsley Child and Adolescent International Hospital in Abu Dhabi, 02 666 2655.
• The Neuron Psychological Care Center in Abu Dhabi, 02 626 0774.