Las Vegas shooting: The key facts
A breakdown of what we know from what is the deadliest mass shooting in US history
- At least 59 people have been confirmed as dead and more than 500 injured
- The man suspected as the gunman has been named as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, who died at the scene. He's described as a "lone wolf"
- Paddock, a white male, was from Mesquite, Nevada. Police say he had been staying in the hotel room since September 28
- Two off-duty police officers are among the dead
- 42 weapons were found across Paddock's room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel from where the bullets were fired at the crowd, and his home
- The attack started at approximately 10.08pm on Sunday, October 1.
- About 20,000 concert goers were attending the Route 91 harvest country music festival on Sunday evening
- The attack is the deadliest mass shooting in US history, surpassing the Orlando nightclub attack last year in which 50 people died and 53 were wounded
- All flights at McCarran International airport in Las Vegas were temporarily grounded
- Police were initially seeking Marilou Danley, an Asian female, as a person of interest, but later said they did not believe she was involved
- Police located two vehicles connected to the shooter
- UK tennis player Laura Robson was at the concert but escaped without injury
Updated: October 3, 2017 10:07 AM