Some facts about the storm that has devastated the US East Coast.
- Maximum size of storm: 1,600 kilometres across
- Highest storm surge: 4.23 metres, at New York
- Damage: Estimated property losses at US$20 billion, ranking the storm among the most expensive US disasters
- Top wind gust on land in the US: 225 kph, at Mount Washington, New Hampshire.
- Power outages at peak: More than 8.5 million
- Cancelled airline flights: More than 18,100
- Most rainfall: 31.88 centimetres, at Easton, Maryland.
- Most snow: 71 centimetres, at Redhouse, Maryland.
- Number of states seeing intense effects of the storm: At least 17
- Deaths: At least 51
- Evacuation zone: Included communities in more than 640 kilometres of coastline from Ocean City, Maryland, to Dartmouth, Massachusetts.