Tony Cadman said his seven-year-old grandson became separated from his mother due to the terror attack
Spain attacks: Man launches Facebook appeal for missing grandson
A man has launched a social media appeal for information after his grandson went missing during the Barcelona attack.
Tony Cadman, who lives in Sydney, Australia, said seven-year-old Julian Alessandro Cadman had become separated from his mother in Barcelona “due to the recent terrorist activity”.
Along with a picture of Julian, Mr Cadman posted on Facebook: "We have found Jom (my daughter-in-law) and she is [in a] serious but stable condition in hospital.
"Julian is seven years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity."
At least 13 people were killed on Thursday and more than 100 injured when a van was driven through a pedestrianised area in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona. Another person was killed and several were injured during a second attack hours later in Cambrils.
The dead and the injured from the attack came from 34 countries across the world, a testament to the global appeal of the Catalonian region of Spain.
Mr Cadman’s social media profile states that he is from Dorset in Britain and living in Sydney.
On Friday, UK prime minister Theresa May said that investigations were being made into reports of a missing child with British dual nationality. However, she did not confirm the identity of the child.
Britain’s Foreign Office said that a “small number” of Britons were hurt during the attacks.
While France’s Foreign Ministry said that 26 of its citizens had been injured, 11 of whom were in a serious condition.
Belgium’s deputy prime minister confirmed that a Belgian national had been killed in Las Ramblas. Elke Vanbockrijck had been on holiday with her husband and two sons when she died.
A 35-year-old father was one of two Italians who died. Bruno Gulotta, 35, was reported by Italian media to have been with his wife and two young children when he was struck by the van.