ISIS claims responsibility for June attack in Lebanon's Tripoli
The gunman had fought with extremist groups against the Syrian government
ISIS claimed responsibility on Thursday for an attack that killed two police officers and two soldiers on patrol in patrol in Lebanon's Tripoli last month, the group’s Al-Nabaa newspaper said.
Islamic State said in its weekly newspaper that the "attacker is of the caliphate soldiers". It provided no evidence to support its claim. The attack occurred on June 3.
The gunman, Abdul Rahman Mabsout, had reportedly already been in jail beforehand for fighting with the terrorist group in Syria.
Updated: July 5, 2019 01:38 PM