The ministry has finalised preparations for about two million pilgrims for the upcoming Hajj season
Saudi Arabia's Hajj ministry launches registration link for Qatari pilgrims
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah launched a registration link for Qataris wishing to perform the pilgrimage this year.
The ministry has finalised preparations for about two million pilgrims for the upcoming Hajj season, which is likely to begin on August 19, based on the directives of the Saudi leadership, said a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
“Due to the lack of responsiveness by the office of the affairs of pilgrims in Qatar with the concerned parties to finalise arrangements of pilgrims and after wasting time with no progress to enable Qatari citizens to perform Hajj, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah welcomes the arrival of Qatari brothers who wish to perform Hajj,” said the statement.
“Those brothers wishing to perform Hajj can register through the link, which will be allocated on the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah’s website and will be available during of Dhu Al Qadah (from mid-July until mid-August)… where they can contract for the services they need, including housing and transport in Makkah and Madinah.”
The statement also said that Qatari pilgrims may arrive and depart from King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah on any airline, except Qatar Airways.
The ministry reiterated that it welcomes pilgrims from all over the world regardless of sect and race and strives to provide the best services to allow them to perform the pilgrimage with ease.
Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt cut all diplomatic and transport ties with Doha in June last year over its support of extremists and its interference of other countries’ affairs.