A 40-year-old woman was arrested after someone tried to break in to Thomas’ Battersea School, which is attended by four-year-old George
Prince George returns to school after attempted break in
Prince George, the third-in-line to the British throne, has returned to school after a woman attempted to break in, prompting a major security review of the building.
George, four, started at the independent Thomas’ Battersea School in affluent southwest London, last week, having been dropped off by his father, the Duke of Cambridge. His mother, the Duchess of Cambridge was unable to attend because she is suffering from severe morning sickness.
Police said a 40-year-old woman was held in custody after someone tried to gain access to the £18,000-a-year prepatory school.
“We are working with the school, which is attended by His Royal Highness Prince George, to review its security arrangements after the incident,” London’s Metropolitan Police announced in a statement following the incident.
“Police were alerted and officers attended immediately after the issue came to light.”
A spokeswoman for Kensington Palace said they were “aware of this issue” but would not be commenting on security matters.
George was at school on Tuesday but it is thought he was not present during the attempted break in, which occurred in the afternoon when new-starters have already left for the day.
“Prince George did attend school yesterday as normal and will continue to attend today,” a source told The Sun on Thursday.
“At the time of the arrest the reception classes had already left. The Duke and Duchess have been made aware.”