Abu Dhabi, UAESunday 15 December 2019

Prince Andrew to talk Jeffrey Epstein links in TV interview

The BBC said no questions were vetted in the interview to be broadcast on Saturday

Lawyers for the estate of Jeffrey Epstein want to set up a fund to compensate women who have accused him of sexual abuse. 
Lawyers for the estate of Jeffrey Epstein want to set up a fund to compensate women who have accused him of sexual abuse. 

Britain’s Prince Andrew will answer questions for the first time in a “no holds barred interview” over his relationship with convicted sex offender and financier Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duke of York spoke with BBC presenter Emily Maitlis on Thursday at Buckingham Palace in an interview to be broadcast on Saturday night. Ms Maitlis said there were “no questions vetted”.

Epstein took his own life earlier this year awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. One of Epstein’s alleged victims said she was forced into sexual encounters with Prince Andrew between 1999 and 2002 when she 17-years-old.

The late billionaire met with Prince Andrew numerous times since their first encounter in 1999, including at an event hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Windsor Castle.

The Duke met again with Epstein after the latter was convicted of a sex offence in 2008.

Prince Andrew has said he is appalled by the accusations against Epstein, insisting he had no idea of them and denies having done anything wrong.

He “intentionally sought out minors and knew that many of his victims were in fact under the age of 18”, prosecutors said in reference to Epstein, who was accused of paying underage girls for messages and then molesting them.

Updated: November 15, 2019 08:24 PM

SHARE

SHARE