The main Cyprus bailout strategies.
Cyprus - main points
- Cyprus had to raise €5.8 billion to secure the bailout.
- Depositors with accounts of more than €100,000 in the country's second-largest bank, Laiki, will lose an unspecified amount of their money. The move was expected to yield €4.2 billion - or most of the required amount.
- The remainder of the money to come from tax increases and privatisations.
- Cyprus agreed to restructure its banking sector, which is unusually large for the size of its economy.
- Laiki to be dissolved and split into a "good bank" and a "bad bank". The "good bank" portion of Laiki will be folded into the largest bank, the Bank of Cyprus.
* Associated Press