Traffic is moving well this morning, but if you're headed towards Downtown Dubai you'll need to take note of several things today
UAE traffic: Motorists urged to plan ahead due to road closures
Traffic is moving well this morning, but motorists will need to plan ahead tonight as road closures are scheduled for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
This morning, there are slight delays on the E11 heading from Sharjah into Dubai at the D95 intersection in Al Nahda 1. Expect slow-moving traffic for three kilometres on the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311) southbound towards Dubai International Airport.
In Dubai, all of the roads near the Burj Khalifa will be closed tonight.
Closures to take note of are as follows:
- The Boulevard around the Burj Khalifa will close from 5pm until 8pm and the Financial Centre Road will close from 8pm. Al Asayel Street will only be used for public transportation after 4pm.
- Happiness Street will close from 6pm from the Murooj Rotana Hotel to the Financial Center Road.
- At 8pm, the Zabeel Intersection will be closed and there will be partial closures on Al Sukook Street.
- The Emirates Tower roundabout will close at 10pm.
- The Burj Khalifa metro station will be close from 10pm until 6am. It’s recommended people use the Business Bay Metro Station or the Financial Centre metro stations instead.
There will be 170 buses taking people to the event from the Burj Khalifa metro station, Dubai Mall, the Business Bay metro station and Dubai Water Canal parking.
Buses and metros will run around the clock for New Years.