x Abu Dhabi, UAEFriday 21 July 2017

Tailor rescued after being overcome with smoke in fire in his shop in UAQ

An Asian tailor in Umm Al Quwain had to be rescued after he was overwhelmed by a thick smoke from a fire in his shop on Friday evening.

An Asian tailor in Umm Al Quwain had to be rescued after he was overwhelmed by a thick smoke from a fire in his shop on Friday evening.

The blaze broke out at about 6pm when he closed the store, leaving two workers inside.

When the fire started one worker managed to break the glass door and escape, while the other was overwhelmed by smoke, fainting as he tried to get out.

Police and fire experts were still investigating the incident, but a short circuit was suspected to have been the cause of the fire.

newsdesk@thenational.ae