Here are the main points agreed in Geneva on Saturday.
Syria's transition proposals
- Parties must recommit to a sustained cessation of armed violence, and an immediate implementation of Kofi Annan's six-point peace plan.
- The transition government could include members of the present government and the opposition and other groups and shall be formed on the basis of mutual consent.
- Syrians will determine the future of their country. All groups in the country must be allowed to join in a national dialogue process.
- A review of the constitutional order and legal system to be carried out, and changes subject to popular approval.
- Parties must engage genuinely with Annan to work towards the transition.