The deadly attack happened in January as defendants clashed with the pair near a busy road
Seven men to stand trial for brutal murder of two Emiratis
Three men are due to appear in court charged with the brutal murder of two Emiratis.
The deadly attack happened in January as seven men from the Comoros Islands clashed with the pair near a busy road.
Police officers called to the scene found one 22-year-old Emirati man who had been stabbed and run over by a car.
A second victim, aged 26, was knifed to death and found a few metres away.
Col Abdullah Saif Al Matrouhsi, director of police operations in Ajman, said murder weapons had been recovered from the scene and that three men had admitted to the killing.
Five others were charged with multiple counts of physical assault, according Obaid Al Mazimi, a lawyer representing the families of the deceased.
The attack happened on January 7 and all seven defendants are set to appear before Ajman Criminal Court on December 9.
Police said three - aged 18, 26 and 30 - had been arrested within 12 hours of the murder, which took place on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road.
The trio were all found to have criminal records in the northern emirates, officers said, although the motive for why they carried out the attack remains unclear.
Three other men were also injured in the incident, including a 30-year-old man from the Comoro Islands who suffered serious stab wounds.
He was taken to Khalifa Hospital for treatment while two others were taken to Um Al Quwain hospital.