Fire begins in pile of rubbish left in the stairwell on third floor
Resident injured in Fujairah building fire
A fire broke out in a residential tower in Fujairah, injuring a resident.
The building in Merbah was evacuated on Wednesday night after the fire began from a pile of waste in the stairwell on the third floor.
Brig Ali Al Taniji, director of Fujairah Civil Defense, said a resident was taken to Khorfakkan Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
“The team extinguished the fire and cooled the area before handing the site over to the competent authorities to complete the remaining procedures,” said Brig Al Taniji, who also called on residents to correctly dispose of their rubbish.
National Editorial: After tragedy in Fujairah, a community searches for answers