Sheikh Khalifa announces Abu Dhabi Executive Council reshuffle
Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed thanks long-serving officials in person as they leave the council
Long-serving members of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council were thanked for their public service as they stepped down after a reshuffle.
The President, Sheikh Khalifa, approved the reorganisation on Monday, state news agency Wam reported.
Maj Gen Mohammed Al Rumaithi, Commander-in-Chief of Abu Dhabi Police, and Dr Ali Al Nuaimi, Chairman of the Department of Education and Knowledge were among those to step down.
Among the other departing members was Riyad Abdulrahman Al Mubarak, Chairman of Abu Dhabi's Department of Finance.
Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, was pictured thanking the three men.
Among the new members of the council is Sara Awad Issa Musallam, Chairwoman of the Department of Education and Knowledge, and Maj Gen Faris Khalaf Al Mazrouei, the new Commander-in-Chief of Abu Dhabi Police.
The council – which is chaired by Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed – assists the President and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa, and sets the capital's general policy, its development plans and supervises their execution. The council also authorises projects, laws and decrees before submitting them to Sheikh Khalifa.
Members of the Council include:
- Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chief of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Department of Transport
- Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan
- Dr Ahmed Mubarak Al Mazrouei, Secretary-General of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi
- Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Affairs Authority
- Jassim Mohammed Al Zaabi, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Office
- Dr Mugheer Khamis Al Khaili, Chairman of the Department of Community Development
- Sheikh Abdulla bin Mohamed Al Hamed, Chairman of the Health Department
- Awaidha Murshed Al Marar, Chairman of Department of Energy
- Saif Mohamed Al Hajeri, Chairman of Department of Economic Development
- Falah Mohammad Al Ahbabi, Chairman of Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities
- Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi
- Maj Gen Faris Khalaf Al Mazrouei, Commander-in-Chief of Abu Dhabi Police
- Sara Awad Issa Musallam, Chairman of the Department of Education and Knowledge
Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed also set up a body affiliated with the council, the Abu Dhabi Strategic Affairs Committee, chaired by Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and restructured the Executive Committee.
Updated: January 21, 2019 06:12 PM