Abu Dhabi, UAESaturday 26 September 2020

Fire in Abu Dhabi restaurant caused by ‘electrical fault’

The fire began in a restaurant on the ground floor of the four-storey building at around 3pm.
Emergency crews respond to a fire at a building on Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum Street. Christopher Pike / The National
Emergency crews respond to a fire at a building on Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum Street. Christopher Pike / The National

ABU DHABI // A fire that broke out in a building on Airport Road on Thursday is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The fire began in a restaurant on the ground floor of the four-storey building at around 3pm.

The restaurant-owner, who preferred not to be named, said Civil Defence were quick to evacuate the building and contain the blaze.

“Business will be back to normal today,” he said.

In a video circulating on social media Civil Defence are seen tackling the blaze before the lower floors of the building explode and passers-by are seen running away.

No injuries or casualties were reported.

newsdesk@thenational.ae

Updated: June 23, 2017 04:00 AM

Most Popular