x Abu Dhabi, UAEThursday 27 July 2017

Faulty air conditioner causes fire in building on Airport Road

Fire in 13th-story flat causes evacuation of building.

ABU DHABI // A fire erupted at about 8.30pm yesterday at the building that houses the Tandoori Corner restaurant on Airport Road between 13th and 15th streets.

A Civil Defence officer said the fire was caused by a fault in the air conditioning in a 13th-storey flat.

"There were about four family members affected," he said. "But we took them to the ambulance and gave them oxygen, we do not expect that it is something serious."

No major damage was done to the building, and residents were allowed to return to their flats after approximately 50 minutes.

newsdesk@thenational.ae