Abu Dhabi, UAEThursday 9 July 2020

Fire in Dubai restaurant caused by faulty chimney

No one was hurt in the blaze that began at about 10am on Wednesday

A cleaner sweeps the floor outside Zam Zam Mandi restaurant. Pawan Singh / The National
A cleaner sweeps the floor outside Zam Zam Mandi restaurant. Pawan Singh / The National

A fire broke out in a restaurant close to Deira City Centre in Dubai on Wednesday.

Fire crews were called to Zam Zam Mandi just before 10am to tackle the blaze.

Dubai Civil Defence officers said the fire started in a faulty chimney.

A video shared on social media showed nearby residents and workers exiting the building as smoke poured out.

Officers from Port Saeed Station said nobody was injured during the incident.

Updated: June 24, 2020 04:28 PM

SHARE

SHARE

Most Popular