Abu Dhabi, UAEMonday 26 August 2019

Boy burned after setting fire to lawn of abandoned villa

Fire officials said parents need to keep a better eye on their children

Firefighters urged parents to keep lighters and fluid out of children's reach. Courtesy: Dubai Civil Defence
Firefighters urged parents to keep lighters and fluid out of children's reach. Courtesy: Dubai Civil Defence

A teenage boy suffered burns when he set fire to a dry lawn in a disused villa.

The 14-year-old suffered what firefighters described as moderate burns while playing in the Dahan area of Ras Al Khaimah on Sunday.

RAK Civil Defence said the accident happened about 7.15pm and that firefighters and paramedics were sent to the site.

Firefighters put out the grass fire and the case was referred to the police.

Fire officials said parents need to keep their children in sight and ensure they do not have access to lighters or any flammable material that could be used to play with fire.

________________

Read more:

Faulty electrics in villa led to tragic fire deaths of eight Emiratis

Fire safety warning after construction worker deaths

Updated: December 10, 2018 06:22 PM

SHARE

SHARE