The National's daily guide to the latest big name moves and deals from across the world of football.
Transfer talk: July 30 - Chelsea eye duo, Aquilani nears exit
Chelsea are eyeing two more signings before concluding their latest summer spending spree, chief executive Ron Gourlay has confirmed.
The Blues have done anything but rest on their laurels after their astonishing first Champions Legaue triumph, splashing out almost £70million on the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin.
But they are not done there, having had bids turned down for other attacking players - including Wigan's Victor Moses - as well as being heavily linked with Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.
"While we ended with a very strong season, it was clear that there were some areas where we did have to strengthen, so we knew we were always going to have to do that," said Gourley.
"If the right players become available at the right time, we will sign them. We've done that and we are still continuing to look at one or two positions and we will see how that develops over the next couple of weeks."
The Premier League champions have yet to move into the transfer market, with Mancini having been told he must sell before he can buy any more players - which could leave them missing out on a move to sign Robin Van Persie from Arsenal.
But a failure to clear out some of the players deemed surplus to requirements has meant a quiet summer so far for the side which ends its Asian pre-season tour today.
"We don't need changes - not ten players like two or three years ago - but we need three, four, five players," Mancini said.
"But they can be young guys for the future because it's important to put them in the squad and make them good like the players we already have."
The 28-year-old has left the Anfield side's pre-season US tour for talks with the Italians, after failing to settle in the Premier League.
Owen Hargreaves could join QPR after being released on a free transfer by Manchester City this summer.
The former England midfielder is training with the London club after playing just 13 minutes for Roberto Mancini's side last season.
With Joey Barton sidelined through suspension for several weeks of the new season, it could pave the way for the 31-year-old to move to Rangers - though manager Mark Hughes was keen to play down any move.
"Owen is training with the group," Mark Hughes, the QPR manager, said on the club's official website. "There is no obligation for either party.
"He is keen to retain his fitness and we are more than happy to help him."