The latest news and gossip from European football's winter transfer window.
Transfer talk: January 5 - Boateng considering AC Milan future
AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng is considering his future in Italian football in the wake of a racial attack which prompted him to walk off the pitch during a friendly this week.
Boateng, a Ghana international, was followed off the pitch by his team-mates at fourth-tier side Pro Patria after several players were racially abused.
The 25-year-old has been publicly back by Milan, with president Silvio Berlusconi insisting his players would always walk off the pitch if they are subjected to further racist abuse.
Boateng has, however, revealed he could be forced to turn his back on the Serie A club after telling Germany's Bild newspaper he is now considering whether to leave Italy during the current transfer window.
"It's not something which you can just shake off," he said.
"I will sleep on it for the next three nights and then sit down with my agent Roger Wittmann next week.
"We will have to see if it's really worth carrying on playing in Italy."
Michael Owen's future could lie in Australia after Perth Glory claimed they have been approached by the former England striker's agent about a move.
The 33-year-old joined Stoke City on a one-year contract in September after he was released by Manchester United in the summer.
Owen has, however, yet to make a league start for the Potters as injury and the form of his team-mates has restricted his involvement.
A Perth Glory spokesman has claimed that Owen has been touted to the A-League club - who earlier this season also claimed they wanted to sign David Beckham - but any potential move was still some way off.
"Michael Owen's agent has enquired about Michael playing in the A-League," the spokesman told an Australian newspaper.
"Perth Glory are interested but are yet to find out Michael's terms and conditions.
"Until these are known, Perth Glory will not enter any further negotiations."
Didier Drogba appears set to cut short his stay in China after an agent for the striker claimed he is in talks with Juventus and AC Milan.
Drogba could return to Europe during the current transfer window, just six months after he left Chelsea to join Shanghai Shenhua on a lucrative deal.
The 34-year-old has reportedly failed to settle in China and agent, Carlos Arino Bajo, revealed he has an option to end his two-and-a-half year contract early.
"Didier has a termination agreement with the Chinese club and I think he has a lot of possibilities to move to Italy in January," he told tuttomercatoweb.com.
Mainz general manager Christian Heidel has not ruled out the sale of Jan Kirchhoff this winter after the player signed a contract with Bayern Munich from July.
Kirchhoff's move to Bayern upon expiry of his current contract was announced on Thursday, but with Holger Badstuber ruled out injured until April, it has been speculated that Bayern may make a bid to sign the 22-year-old this month.
Although Heidel says he would not be keen on losing his side's central defender so soon, he has not ruled out the possibility.
"We would not like to endanger our sporting goals, and fortunately we don't have to do that from an economic viewpoint either," he said.
"Therefore, I cannot imagine a transfer taking place this winter. But, of course, I am always open to discussion when Bayern Munich call.
"If that eventually leads to Jan transferring sooner, I don't know, and I don't want to pre-empt talks."