The National's guide to the latest transfer moves, offers and deals taking place across world football today.
Transfer talk: January 15 - Swansea sign Lamah, Liverpool miss Forren
The 24-year-old Norway international had been due at the club's Melwood training ground later today for manager Brendan Rodgers to begin his assessment.
But he withdrew after his current club Molde accepted a bid, thought to be in the region of £3.5m (Dh20.7m) for the centre back, with QPR also now reportedly interested in signing Forren.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the Molde coach, confirmed the Premier League strugglers had tabled a bid for the player, who made his international debut for Norway last year.
The Belgiun international winger, who can play on either flank, is Michael Laudrup's first acquisition of the January transfer window.
Ivory Coast-born Lamah, who also has top-flight experience in Belgium, Holland and France, told the club's website: "This is a great opportunity for me and I'm happy to be here.
"I know a few of the players here, and I already know that Swansea is a family club that will suit my style of play."
Swansea have the option of making the 25-year-old's switch a permanent one at any time during his loan spell.
Lamah, whose move remains subject to Premier League clearance, will not be available for tomorrow's FA Cup third-round replay at Arsenal, but could be handed his debut in Saturday's league meeting with Stoke.
The France international is currently in the UK to seal a move to the English Premier League during the January transfer window
Marseille had reached agreement with Newcastle over a deal for the 26-year-old, but QPR remain an option for the forward.
"We at OM reached an agreement with Newcastle, but we also talked with other English clubs," he told RTL television.
"We gave them a working basis and it remains up to Loic to choose the club he prefers in terms of their structure or sporting plans.
"He is currently in England and is speaking with some clubs.
"Everyone talks about Newcastle, but it is not just Newcastle because he is talking with other clubs.
"We have to remain cautious. We have done our job and players and agents must do theirs. Nothing is done."
Anigo claimed the player had not ruled out moving to the Premier League's bottom club after reports claimed the player would have a medical at Loftus Road.
"QPR have deep pockets and a manager (Harry Redknapp) known in England to have a good reputation, so I do not think Loic has closed the door on QPR," he said.
Sandro Rosell, the Barcelona president, remains confident Victor Valdes and David Villa will stay at the Nou Camp.
The pair have been linked with moves away from the Catalan club, albeit for different reasons, with Valdes refusing to confirm whether he will extend his contract beyond 2014 and Villa struggling to hold down a regular first-team place.
Rosell remains confident that the players, however, and Valdes in particular, will stay with the club.
"I don't think it's true that he has decided not to renew," he told RAC."I think he will be another of the homegrown batch who will end his career at the club.
"That's what I believe and that's my dream but I know he has to share the dream. I'm not looking for any alternatives."
Villa has struggled to retain a place in Barca's starting XI since breaking his leg in a Club World Cup match in December 2011, an injury that left him on the sidelines for eight months.
"Villa will not leave. But coming back from a serious injury to play in this team is not easy," added Rosell.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian winger- who played in Spain with Atletico Madrid from 2005-07 - came to an arrangement with Bolton to release him from his contract.
"Martin Petrov signed for Espanyol after having passed his medical this morning and having signed a contract," said the club on its website.
"He is the club's first signing in the winter transfer window."
Dougie Freedman, the Bolton manager, said both the player and the club would benefit from the move.
"He's on a fantastic wage at this club and one that I feel that we can (use to) make room for another player," he admitted
"He's done nothing wrong. He's been a good lad and a good servant to the club. I just feel we're going in a different direction."
Fulham manager Martin Jol admits he needs to add reinforcements to his squad during this transfer window.
The Premier League side started the season brightly but have struggled in recent weeks, winning just one game in their last six to drop to 13th in the Barclays Premier League table.
Tom Huddlestone, Banel Nicolita of St Etienne and Jores Okore of Nordsjælland have all recently been linked with a move to Craven Cottage.
Jol admits bringing players in before the transfer window shuts is a priority.
"We had a very good start to the season. We had a settled team before but I think we are a bit unsettled now," Jol said,
"We are the only team in the Premier League who have not found their feet in general.
"If you look at Wigan, they have a settled team. They bought two or three players in the first week of January and we haven't got that.
"We don't have a lot of money to spend."
Follow us @SprtNationalUAE