x Abu Dhabi, UAEMonday 24 July 2017

Transfer talk: January 10-WBA reject Olsson bid, Beckham to reveal fate

Get the latest news on the day's big transfer deals, moves and offers from across world football as action in the January window hots up.

David Beckham bids farewell to the LA Galaxy fans.
David Beckham bids farewell to the LA Galaxy fans.
West Bromwich Albion have rejected a bid from Queens Park Rangers for defender Jonas Olsson, according to reports from the UK.
QPR are thought to have bid around £5m (Dh29.4m) for the Sweden international stopper, who joined Steve Clarke's side in 2008.
The 29-year-old, who only signed a new four-year contract at the Hawthorns in October, is thought to be against the idea of a move due to QPR's precarious English Premier League position.
The Swedish international is believed to be keen on a move to London for family reasons, and has also been linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks.
---
Struggling Pro League side Kalba are closing in on a deal for one of Africa's top strikers in a bid to avoid relegation.
Edward Sadomba is in talks with the side, second bottom of the Pro League, over a move to the UAE for the rest of the season.  Read the full story here.
---
David Beckham will decide on his future next week - after receiving 12 offers from sides around the globe.
Beckham has been made offers from Europe, South America, North America, South Africa, Russia, China and the Middle East - though it is understood not from Qatar.
The former England captain has been linked with a move to the Pro League, after meeting with Al Jazira chairman Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed last month.
The 37-year-old is viewing his next move as potentially his last as a player and those close to Beckham say he is attracted by the prospect of playing at a high level or in an environment where his presence would have a similar effect as when he first moved from Real Madrid to LA Galaxy.
For those reasons, the chances of him joining a club involved in a relegation fight or one mired in mid-table appear remote, and would rule him out of joining QPR or West Ham, who have both been linked with the midfielder.
A report today said an offer of a two-year deal had been made by Qatari officials, but it is understood that has not been received by Beckham's representatives - although Qatari-backed Paris Saint Germain are thought to be an option for the midfielder.
---
North Korean striker Jong Tae-Se has completed his move to Suwon Samsung Bluewings - making him just the fourth player to make the move across the border.
The 28-year-old, who was signed from second division German side FC Koln, moves for a reported EU300,000 (Dh1.5m) and says he aims to score 15 goals this season for his new side.
"There is no particular reason to set such a goal ... I just thought a striker of a winning team should achieve at least that much," he said.
Jong, born in Japan to a South Korean father and a North Korean mother, has a North Korean passport and has said in previous interviews that he considered himself North Korean.
After passing his medical on Tuesday, he expressed his desire to serve as "an ambassador" for inter-Korean sporting exchanges.
---
Napoli are poised to sign winger Pablo Armero on loan from Udinese with a view to making the deal permanent at the end of the season.
The 26-year-old Colombia international will undergo a medical later today ahead of confirming the deal.
"Napoli have reached an agreement with Udinese that will see Pablo Armero wear the blue shirt," the club said on it's website.
"The left winger will arrive on loan with the option to buy out half of his contract at the end of the season.
"Armero will undergo his medical tomorrow, after which the deal will be made formal."
Armero joined Udinese from Palmeiras in 2010 and has made 69 league appearances for the side, scoring two goals.
---
Michael Laudrup has warned potential suitors of in-demand forward Michu that few sides would now be able to pay his transfer fee this January.
The Spaniard joined Swansea City from Rayo Vallecan for just £2m (Dh11.7m) last summer - but a remarkable first half to the season, with 16 goals to his name, has seen him called into the international fold and much speculation about his future.
However, Laudrup believes the player's performances have increased his value to the point where potential purchasers are few and far between.
"We all know the economic situation in the world, so there really aren't that many clubs who can buy him," Laudrup said after his side's 2-0 win over Chelsea last night.
"There are some here, in Spain there are only two teams ... Italy, I don't think so. They're trying to sell ... Bayern Munich in Germany ... so only a few, few clubs.
"And Michu likes it here. He's happy where he is, so I'm really not afraid because I'm so sure he will stay with us for the next five or six months. I don't know in the summer."
---
Inter Milan have confirmed they have accepted an offer from Galatasaray for midfield Wesley Sneijder.
The Turkish side revealed yesterday that they had entered in discussions for the unsettled Dutchman, who has not played for Inter since September amid a public stand-off over a proposed pay cut to his contract at San Siro.
Galatasaray are understood to have offered EU10m (Dh48m) as well as agreeing to meet the player's demands.
"Galatasaray's offer satisfies us. Now it depends on the player," Moratti told Sky Sports.
"We would be happy if he decided to stay on our terms."
Sneijder's agent, Soren Lerby, had denied Gala's claims that they had started talks, telling De Telegraaf: "Every day there is a new club linked with Wesley.
"For that reason I have decided not to answer any more questions."
The player has also attracted the interest of Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham, as well as big-spending PSG.
---
Celtic insist they have not received offers for contract rebels Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama.
The duo's current deals at Parkhead expire at the end of next season, with both attracting substantial interest from English Premier League sides following their performances in Scotland and the Champions League.
Both have yet to sign new deals but Peter Lawwell, the Celtic chief executive, said talks to extend their deals were continuing.
"We are continuing to talk until there is an offer for players that they want to take and go or they sign a contract," he said.
"It would be wrong to put a time limit on it.
"We are in a good place as a club at the moment. Thankfully we've got a lot of talent.
"We've got players who will be sought after but we are managing that and we have a good track record of managing that in the past.
"There have been no offers for any of our players."
Celtic have confirmed the signing of Israel defender Rami Gershon on loan until the end of the season, with Neil Lennon set to strengthen his squad further this transfer window ahead of their Champions League last-16 tie with Juventus.
----
Sunderland have confirmed the signing of Alfred N'Diaye from Turkish side Bursaspor for an undisclosed fee.
The France under-21 international, who moved to Turkey from French outfit Nancy in 2011, has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the English Premier League side.
"Alfred is a strong, powerful young player and as such can offer us more strength in depth," Martin O'Neill, the Sunderland manager, told the club website.
"He will give us options and I'm delighted that we have been able to bring him to the club."
sports@thenational.ae
twitter Follow us @SprtNationalUAE