Sebastian Vettel believes nothing will change with performance.
Red Bull are confident they will charge on
BUDAPEST // Red Bull have dismissed the notion their performance will be seriously affected by the recent clarification of the rule regarding engine mapping that was imposed this week by the FIA, the governing body for global motorsports.
The constructors' champions were summoned to the stewards ahead of last week's German Grand Prix to explain their engine settings, which Jo Bauer, the FIA technical delegate, did not believe were within the regulations.
Although the FIA cleared Red Bull of any wrongdoing, the wording of the ruling was tightened up and the England-based marque has been forced to alter their set-up.
Sebastian Vettel, who finished second at Hockenheim but was later relegated to fifth for an on- track offence, said he expects the ruling to have little impact on his RB8 car's performance, despite rumour mongers suggesting Red Bull could struggle at Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.
"It is not as if the car does not work now any more," Vettel said. "I am quite confident that nothing will change.
"Obviously we had what we had in the car in Hockenheim because we believed it was quickest, so it is a little bit different for here, but it is hard to give you a figure: if it is two tenths, half a tenth, or nothing. We cannot measure."
Meanwhile, Bernie Ecclestone, F1's commercial rights owner, is reportedly in negotiations to buy Germany's Nurburgring circuit.
The famous track, which has a contract to host the German Grand Prix biennially, launched insolvency proceedings last week, but according to Die Rheinfpalz, the German daily, Ecclestone is ready to step in and help, so long as it is "not at his own risk".
Follow us @SprtNationalUAE