Manny Pacquiao: Floyd Mayweather Jr rematch is 'a big possibility'
The Filipino boxer believes fact the American is returning to ring for other bouts opens the down to a sequel to their 2015 bout
Manny Pacquiao believes a rematch against Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2019 is "a big possibility".
The 39-year-old delivered a speech at the Oxford Union in which he said he is likely to take on two more fights before retiring, and that could mean a finale against his long-time rival, who beat him in Las Vegas in 2015.
Pacquiao will take on Adrien Broner in January, while Mayweather announced earlier on Monday his next challenge will be a bout with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve - reversing his apparent retirement after he beat UFC star Conor McGregor last year to move to 50-0.
"There is a big possibility because Floyd is coming back into boxing," Pacquiao said in comments reported by Sky Sports.
"He is fighting in December and I am fighting in January. So a big possibility after that next year that we will discuss a re-match.
"My thinking is to have a re-match and to make a clear decision on who will win the fight because in the last fight that we had it wasn't clear who won the fight because he didn't throw a lot of punches and he won the fight.
"I had a shoulder injury ... but this time, if this re-match happens there are no excuses, no alibis."
Updated: November 6, 2018 07:52 AM