Formula One supremo appeared to lose some enthusiasm on Sunday about Rome's bid to host a Grand Prix having previously said the city could have a race by 2013.
Ecclestone less optimistic about chances of Rome appearing on race calendar
Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone appeared to lose some enthusiasm on Sunday about Rome's bid to host a Grand Prix having previously said the city could have a race by 2013. "In 2010 we will go to [South] Korea and the year after in India. We are trying to organise a Grand Prix also in New York. Too many places want to host a race. We will see," Ecclestone said. The Formula One supremo had said in February he was prepared to provide the necessary support to take a Grand Prix to the streets of a Rome suburb, saying the Italian capital was a unique setting and could host a race by 2013 if certain conditions were met. The Briton, like International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Max Mosley, also poured cold water on Ferrari's proposal for the big teams to have three cars in the future. "No team will have a third car. It's not needed. Two cars per team are enough," he said.