A round-up of all the action on and off the pitch in the Premier League.
Money matters: Rovers asked to raise the stakes while Dunga wants QPR to pay back
Steve Kean, the Blackburn manager, has warned the club's Indian owners that they will have to splash the cash to avoid a bleak Premier League season at Ewood Park. Rovers were beaten 2-1 by Wolverhampton Wanderers in their home opener on Saturday. They have bids in for four players but Kean said club bosses may have little choice but to increase the offers to attract the people his side so badly need.
Kean said: "We are making realistic bids and they are not coming off. Maybe we will have to pay over the odds to ensure that we get people here. We have to speed up the process because I don't think we can go another couple of games having to play central midfielders at centre-half. We certainly need bodies. We've got 11 players who were on the books in one form or another that have left the club since last season and we've brought three in."
Dunga, the former Brazil manager, has instructed lawyers to recover a £750,000 (Dh4.45 million) loan he claims he made to QPR in 2006. Dunga, who also captained Brazil to the World Cup title in 1994, has previously been acknowledged by QPR as an investor in the club, when it was under previous owners. He has instructed lawyers Collyer Bristow to pursue his claim in the High Court if necessary, and hopes the current owners of the club, who include Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone, agree to repay his loan.
Paul Lambert, the Norwich manager, insists there is no danger of him getting caught up in the hysteria that surrounds the Premier League. Norwich made their top-flight return after a six-year absence with a 1-1 draw against Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium. For Lambert - who has guided the club to back-to-back promotions over the last two seasons - it was a first taste of England's elite division, but the Scot is determined to treat the 2011/12 campaign as business as usual. "I know the prestige and media attention of it, but I just try to stay the same as how I have always been," he said.
Liverpool's newest signing, Jose Enrique, made a good impression on his debut, but has promised there is plenty more to come. The Spaniard found out less than 24 hours after his £6m signing from Newcastle United that he would be starting in Saturday's 1-1 home draw with Sunderland because of an injury to Fabio Aurelio.
Enrique hardly put a foot wrong and it was not immediately apparent he had been involved in just one training session before his appearance at Anfield. "I was surprised. I only found out a few hours before kick-off. I am very happy [with my debut] but I am not really happy with the result. I think in the next few games, if I continue to play, it will be easy to understand players of this quality."
Colin Bell, the Manchester City legend, has told the club they must "go for it" at home this season. Roberto Mancini, the City manager, has already warned his players to beware of a very motivated Swansea team when the newly-promoted Welsh side visit the Etihad Stadium tonight.
"If we are to have any chance of winning the title, we have to really go for it at home and win most of our games here starting against Swansea," Bell said. "I'd like to see us set our stall out and attack teams at home, because we have the players to do it. I want to see us turn teams over and make teams frightened to come to the Etihad Stadium."