Who is Chelsea's new signing Hakim Ziyech? - in pictures
A look at Ajax's Moroccan winger who is set to join the club on July 1
Chelsea have agreed to sign Hakim Ziyech from Ajax at the end of the season for €40 million (Dh160m).
The Moroccan winger is set to join the Blues on July 1 subject to personal terms and will be Frank Lampard’s first signing as manager at Stamford Bridge.
So who is Hakim Ziyech? We take a closer look.
• Ziyech, 26, was born in Dronten in the Netherlands. He started his senior career at Eredivisie side Heerenveen in 2012.
• 2013-14 turned out be a breakthrough season as Ziyech scored nine goals and provided as many assists in 33 Eredivisie matches.
• In 2014, he moved to Twente. He scored 11 goals and had 16 assists in his first season there, and in the 2015-16 season, scored 17 times in the league.
• Dutch giants Ajax signed him up in August 2016. He was a crucial member of a young Ajax side that reached the Europa League final and came close to the league title. In all, Ziyech registered 10 goals and 15 assists in all competitions.
• Last season, Ziyech scored in both legs against Real Madrid in the Champions league to knock the Spanish giants out in the round of 16.
• Ajax won the Dutch league and cup last season. Ziyech scored 16 league goals in 29 appearances. He was named Ajax Player of the Year for the second straight season.
• This season, Ziyech set up three of Ajax’s four goals against Chelsea in the group stage of the Champions League.
• The attacking midfielder has scored over 100 goals for club and country. He started each of Morocco’s group games at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Updated: February 13, 2020 06:32 PM