Transfer deadline day: Man City launch new bid for Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes Liverpool move
All the latest deals as we count down to the close of the European transfer window
Stay with us as we bring you up to date coverage of the latest comings and goings on the final day of the transfer window.
Manchester City have tendered a second bid for Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez, according to British media.
Pep Guardiola's side were rebuffed in their initial bid on Tuesday as they tested the waters to see if Arsenal were willing to part with a player who has entered the final year of his contract.
As Richard Jolly reported, Arsenal responded by proposing a swap deal involving Raheem Sterling, though City’s preference then was for a cash-only deal that would see Sanchez move north and would allow them to keep the former Liverpool player. It remains to be seen if either party's stance has altered.
Sanchez is currently on international duty with Chile as they prepare for the latest round of South American World Cup qualifiers where they face Paraguay in Santiago on Thursday. With the transfer window closing at 11pm UK time on Thursday, (2am Friday UAE), City, if their bid is accepted, will have to move fast to complete the deal.
Arsenal have already seen 24-year-old England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain depart for Liverpool on the final day of the summer transfer window, and would be loathed to strengthen another Premier League rival.
If Sanchez should make the move to the Etihad Stadium he will follow a long line of Arsenal players to make the same journey. The north London club have in the recent past seen Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna all make the move to England's north west.
Some news from Germany with RB Leipzig announcing the signing of Slovenia international Kevin Kampl from Bayer Leverkusen for an undisclosed fee.
Midfielder Kampl, 26, has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Leipzig, who will compete in the Uefa Champions League this season after finishing runners-up to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga last term.
"Kevin Kampl moves from Bayer 04 Leverkusen to the Red Bulls and receives a four-year contract until June 2021," Leipzig announced on their official club website.
Kampl, who has made 26 appearances for Slovenia, joined Leverkusen from Borussia Dortmund in August 2015.
He made only 14 appearances in a six-month stay at Dortmund, who he joined after winning the Austrian league-and-cup double with previous club RB Salzburg.
Leipzig have moved to replace Liverpool-bound Naby Keita, who finalised the terms of a club-record transfer earlier this week, which will see him remain in the Bundesliga until the end of the season
Liverpool striker Divock Origi has been loaned to German side VfL Wolfsburg for the season, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Liverpool signed Origi from Lille in 2014 and he joined the club the following season. He has scored 21 goals in 77 appearances since arriving in England.
"The Belgium international striker will spend the 2017-18 campaign with the Bundesliga outfit after a temporary switch was agreed between the clubs on transfer deadline day," Liverpool said on their website.
Manchester City have accepted a bid from Swansea City for striker Wilfried Bony.
Press Association Sports reported that the Welsh club have tabled a £12 million bid for the out-of-favour Ivorian, who has failed to establish himself in his two years at the Etihad Stadium and spent the second half of last season on loan at Stoke City.
Bony will now undergo a Swansea medical on Thursday afternoon and, barring any complications, will complete a return to the club he left for £28m in January 2015.
With Bony set to return to the Liberty Stadium, where he scored 35 goals in a two-year spell from 2013-15, it paves the way for Fernando Llorente to leave the Liberty Stadium, with Tottenham Hotspur have stolen a march on Premier League rivals Chelsea for the Spaniard's signature.
Serge Aurier has completed his £23 million move from Paris Saint-Germain to Tottenham Hotspur, with the controversial right-back pledging to make Spurs fans "proud of me".
The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international's move hinged on receiving a work permit from the UK Home Office, which was jeopardised by Aurier being found guilty of assaulting a police officer outside a nightclub in Paris in September 2016.
Aurier had his two-month suspended successfully overturned, however, paving the way for the Home Office to approve Spurs' application for his permit.
Aurier told the club's official website: “This is a huge and exciting opportunity at a massive football club and I am determined to prove myself as a professional both on and off the pitch.
“This is a fresh start for me and I will do everything to make the Spurs fanbase, which is huge and diverse, proud of me.
“The fans are the most important people at any club and I am looking forward to showing them and everyone at Spurs the real Serge Aurier.”
As anticipated, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has completed his move to Liverpool from Arsenal for £35 million.
Oxlade-Chamberlain completed his medical at St George's Park, where he is preparing with the England team ahead of their upcoming World Cup qualifier in Malta. The deal is a long-term contract reported to be up to six years.
Oxlade-Chamberlain on his move to Liverpool: “I’m currently away with England, so I’m at St George’s Park. Firstly, I’m delighted to have signed for Liverpool and a big thank you to everyone here at the FA that has made this possible, using the facilities. It has been a massive help.
“I’m not going to say too much today; I’m here with England and we’ve got two big games coming up, so I want to focus on them."
Chelsea will be feeling a little unloved right now. With Oxlade-Chamberlain having turned down a move to the Premier League champions, and Tottenham Hotspur looking to have usurped them for another target, Swansea City's Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, they might want to wrap up moves for their other targets - Leicester City's Danny Drinkwater chief among them - fast.
Having seemingly failed in their efforts to prise Mamdou Sakho away from Liverpool, Crystal Palace have turned their attentions to Eliaquim Mangala, with Press Association Sport reporting that a £20 million bid has been lodged with Manchester City.
Palace are winless in the Premier League after three games under new manager Frank de Boer, shipping six goals in the process.
Sakho had long been targeted, with the French defender excelling during a loan spell at Selhurst Park last season, helping the club avoid relegation.
But with Palace falling short of Liverpool's £30m valuation for Sakho with their latest bid earlier this week, the south London club have turned their attention to Mangala, who is behind Vincent Kompany, Nicolas Otamendi and John Stones in the City pecking order.
Selling Mangala, who spent last season on loan at Valencia, could prompt the club to accelerate efforts to land Jonny Evans from West Bromwich Albion.
City have failed with two previous bids for former Manchester United defender Evans, the most recent worth a reported £18m.
Evans, who is currently on international duty with Northern Ireland, has also attracted interest from Leicester City and Arsenal.
- Transfer deadline day: Who's going where
- Transfer deadline day: Panic buys and catalysts for change
- Transfer deadline day: 11 Premier League deals to watch out for as the window closes
Reports emanating from Britain say that Tottenham Hotspur are out to hijack Fernando Lorente's proposed move to Chelsea, with the Daily Express reporting Spurs have tabled a £15 million bid which has been accepted by the South Wales club.
The Spanish striker, scorer of 15 goals goals for Swansea City last term - seven of them with his head - would offer a physical presence up front lacking from their current strikers Harry Kane and Vincent Janssen.
Should a deal to take the former Athletic Bilbao, Juventus and Sevilla striker go through, it would be the second time the champions Chelsea have been turned down this week, with Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain set to opt for a move to Liverpool in a £40m deal.
OK, might be stretching a point here, but Stoke City have announced that captain Ryan Shawcross has signed a new four-year contract with the club.
The defender has made over 300 appearances for the club since joining in 2008, scoring 14 goals and helping establish them as a Premier Legaue mainstay.
Shawcross, 29, could well have a new partner at the heart of the defence after the international break with Stoke having added Austrian centre-back Kevin Wimmer to their ranks last week in an £18 million move from Tottenham Hotspur.
Rangers target Declan John has arrived at Ibrox to complete his loan move from Cardiff City.
Wales international John flew north on Wednesday night for a medical and to be shown round the club's Auchenhowie training base.
He arrived at Ibrox early on Thursday morning to put the finishing touches on a one-year loan agreement that will see him compete with Rangers captain Lee Wallace.
John has been capped twice for his country, but has fallen out of Cardiff manager's Neil Warnock's plans this season.
Updated: August 31, 2017 06:55 PM