Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has put a deadline on offers for the club's star striker.
Chelsea and any other interested clubs only have 'a few more days' to bid for Aubameyang
Borussia Dortmund have warned Chelsea and all other interested clubs that they only have "a few more days" to make offers for striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Premier League champions Chelsea have been strongly linked with Gabon captain Aubameyang as manager Antonio Conte continues his search for a new centre-forward following top target Romelu Lukaku's move to Manchester United. Current lead striker Diego Costa, who scored 20 league goals last season as Chelsea regained the title, has been told he is not part of Conte's plans.
- Richard Jolly: Pep Guardiola enters second season with Man City legacy taking clear shape
Despite the reported interest in Aubameyang, who Dortmund are thought to value at around £60 million (Dh288.5m), the Bundesliga club's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed there are no offers on the table for the striker and there is a deadline for any bids to be made.
"We have not received any offers for the player," Watzke told Welt am Sonntag via Football Italia. "We will wait a few more days, but not for much longer than that.
"Personally, I'd be happy if Pierre were to remain. Obviously there are clubs in the world where Aubameyang could earn more than he does here."
According to reports, Dortmund have given Aubameyang's team until July 26 to secure a move away, otherwise he will remain a Dortmund player for another season.
Other than Chelsea, Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjin were credited with an interest in Aubameyang, while former club AC Milan and Primera Liga champions Real Madrid have also been linked.
Aubameyang enjoyed an astonishing individual season last year, scoring 42 goals for club and country, which followed a 2015/16 season that saw him score 36 goals in all competitions.