Spain midfielder revealed last week that he received an offer from a Chinese club and will decide his future by the end of April
Andres Iniesta weighs up 'difficult decision' of staying at Barcelona or moving to China
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta has said he is facing a "difficult decision" over his future after revealing he had an offer from a Chinese club.
Iniesta, 33, announced last week that "before April 30 I have to make the decision whether I'm still in Barcelona or I'm going to China", and the Spain midfielder appears to still be weighing up his options.
Iniesta signed a lifetime contract with Barcelona in October last year, which guarantees a role at the club even after his playing days are over.
However, the arrival of club record signing Philippe Coutinho, widely regarded as Iniesta's long-term successor, and a combination of injuries has recently reduced Iniesta's playing time, and the midfielder has admitted that he is considering leaving Barcelona to continue his playing career.
"I’m at an age where things change and other doors open and they’re exciting in many ways. It’s not a question of love, rather what I feel I have to do. I honestly feel that injury permitting I’d be in the starting XI for Barca over the next two seasons," Iniesta said.
"If I go it’ll be because I can’t give my all as a player and person at my club. It’s going to be a difficult decision, whatever I choose."
Iniesta is the joint-most decorated player, alongside Lionel Messi, in Barcelona history having won 30 major trophies with the Catalan club. He is currently with the Spain national team, who face international friendly matches against Germany on Friday and Argentina on Tuesday.