From Bodytree to The Studio on the Corniche, here are the top spots for yoga and Pilates in the UAE's capital
5 of the best yoga studios in Abu Dhabi to try
Once upon a time, BodyTree near Khalidiya Mall was just about the only place in Abu Dhabi to take a yoga class, launching as Yogatree and Soma Pilates in January 2007. Now, more than a decade later, things have definitely changed, and there are great options dotted all around the capital.
Whether you're a beginner or more advanced, there's something for you in our round-up of the best yoga studios in Abu Dhabi:
Run by the mother-daughter team of Sharifa and Nadia Sehweil out of a beautiful 580-square-metre, three-storey space in Karama, BodyTree Studio offers a mix of classes that include yoga, Pilates, dance, barre and recently SpinTribe, a mix of stationary cycling and Pilates. They also bring in a steady flow of respectable yoga names from the west — the American Tymi Howard and David Kim have been among the visitors — and offer a wide variety of workshops. They host many teacher workshops and have the Nectar Juice Bar, which offers a wide range of healthy juices, smoothies and baked treats.
• BodyTree is opened everyday from 6am until 8.15pm on weekdays and offer classes on the weekend too. The studio is located on Hazza bin Zayed Street (near Khalidiya Mall). Drop-in classes from Dh80; 10-class packages from Dh720. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 443 4448. bodytreestudio.com
2. The Hot House
This yoga studio launched in Al Zeina and is largely devoted to the challenging Bikram method, which features 26 poses, performed in a hot room over 90 minutes. However, The Hot House has since evolved to offer a variety of classes, including ashtanga, pre-natal vinyasa and Pilates, including up to five classes on Friday. The weekend morning classes are popular, so make sure to get there early.
• The Hot House offers classes beginning at 8.30am and 9am throughout the day to 8pm certain days. There is an intro pack offer at Dh130 for seven days, for first-timers. Drop-ins are Dh84; 10-class packages begin Dh682.50. For more information e-mail email@example.com or call 02 583 7753. thehothouse.odoo.com
3. Yoga One
Owners Margie Cordon and Mina Lee have crafted a full roster of classes including hot hatha, vinyasa flow, Lee’s own brand of yang/yin, ladies-only options and yoga for athletes. Although you can sign up for classes in advance, they are held regardless and pre-registration is currently not required. In happy news for weekend warriors, there are classes on Fridays in the morning and evenings. The studio has lots of free parking, and really roomy change/shower rooms.
• YogaOne is open every day, with the earliest classes starting at 8.15pm and the last running until 9pm. It is located in Mangrove One, just off Sheikh Zayed Road behind Al Seef. Single classes are Dh75, with 10-class packages starting at Dh670. 055 716 4845 for more information (prices are until the end of January 2018). yogaone.ae
4. The Studio
The Studio is a new addition to the Abu Dhabi yogi scene, and it offers classes from 8.30am to 8pm. Opened in April 2017, the multi-storey, ladies-only studio offers everything from aerial yoga to power vinyasa flow, and restorative yoga to pre- and post-natal classes. They also have a special kids’ yoga class, as well as a mummy and baby yoga. For those looking to get into teaching themselves, there are teaching training sessions hosted there as well. The practice rooms in this villa studio are nice and spacious, and there's a parking lot right in front of the Corniche studio (but it's paid-for parking).
• Classes run every day except Friday. The Studio is located at Villa 42 along Corniche Road and offers classes from 8.30am until 8pm, depending on the day. Drop in classes are Dh75 for 60 minute yoga classes; 10-class packages start at Dh650. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 621 0000. thestudiouae.com
5. The Room
While this fresh, bright, modern gym in Zayed Sports City offers a variety of daily classes, with a focus on Spinning, The Room also has a range of yoga and Pilates options on its schedule. Hatha, vinyasa, power yoga, vinyasa flow and yoga align flow are among their yoga offerings, and they also have core, mat, neuro, and weight loss Pilates. Kat Owens' hatha and vinyasa classes come particularly recommended. As an added bonus, there's an abundance of free parking too.
• The Room is located at Zayed Sports City and offers classes from 8.30am until 8, 9.30 or 10.30pm, depending on the day, with offerings on Friday and Saturday. Drop in classes are Dh73.5; 10-class, three-month packages cost Dh630. For more information e-mail email@example.com or call 02 444 4945. theroom.ae