Ras Al Khaimah has developed hugely as a tourism destination in the last decade. Here are the top 5 reasons to visit.
5 reasons to visit RAK
1. Step up on the UAE's highest mountain, Jebel Jais, with the region's first commercial Via Ferrata; www.jebeljais.ae/via-ferrata
2. Check into five-star luxury or three-star comfort. From the new Hilton Garden Inn to the ultra-all-inclusive Rixos Bab al Bahr, Waldorf Astoria, Golden Tulip, Al Marjan Island and the newly rebranded Ritz-Carlton Al Wadi Desert, RAK's hotels offer great beachside, desert and city locations for all budgets
3. Play golf. Ras Al Khaimah is becoming a leading destination for golfers, with extensive facilities at Al Hamra Golf Club, an 18-hole course which has secured the hosting of the European Challenge Golf Tour
4. Discover the history of the area at the Ras Al Khaimah National Museum, which is housed in a fort that was a residence of the ruling family. As well as archaeological artifacts, the Qawasim Room on the first floor has a collection of documents, manuscripts and treaties between the rulers of RAK and Great Britain
5. Visit the UAE's largest water park, the Ice Land Water Park; www.icelandwaterpark.com
For more information, visit: https://en.rasalkhaimah.ae/