Louis Vuitton's NN14 Fatale is the new 'It' bag.
The Decoder: Louis Vuitton’s NN14 Fatale
Ladies, take note – Louis Vuitton’s NN14 Fatale, the new ‘It’ bag, has arrived in The Dubai Mall, and is going for Dh81,000. Here’s what you need to know.
- True fans will recognise the bag is a reinvention of the iconic Noé bag designed by Gaston-Louis Vuitton in 1932 to transport bottles of champagne for a producer. This update retains the original “bucket” look, but is smaller and more streamlined than the original.
- The NN14 is the final, exclusive exotic bag collection that Marc Jacobs designed for Louis Vuitton for spring/summer 2014.
- Distinctive features include the LV-embossed leather handle and the emblematic LV padlock and key bell with a metallic, light, aged-silver finish.
- Made from precious alligator skin with a handcrafted raw tone-on-tone hand-applied edge finish, the NN14 Fatale is lined with black suede calfskin, and comes with a removable pocket in matching alligator.
- The bag comes in two sizes: Petite Modele for elbow and hand carry – also available in classic Monogram canvas with natural cowhide trim – and Grande Modele, which can be worn on the shoulder.
- The iconic NN14 Noé advertising campaign was dedicated to Jacobs’s six muses from his time at Louis Vuitton – Catherine Deneuve, Fan Bingbing, Gisele Bündchen, Caroline de Maigret, Edie Campbell and Sofia Coppola.