Amp up your wardrobe with the one garment that comes out on top this summer.
Made to Measure: summer's staple for men is chinos
Opt for a slimmer cut, toss 'em on in the morning (with a slight taper below the knee), throw a neutral solid shirt, finish off with a pair of trainers and repeat.
• If you'd like to step out of the box style-wise, but are still wary of shocking hues and prints, this is a good place to start.
Aubin & Wills, Dh230
• Similar to your favourite pair of denims, wear them like crazy until they take on a faded, distressed feel.
Gant Rugger, Dh250
• Red is actually the easiest colour to pull off this season - it can be worn with both light and dark tops.
McQ Alexander McQueen, Dh595
• A deeper shade best-suited at night, with a jacket and dress shirt.
Paul Smith, Dh430
• On trend and unexpected, but still work-appropriate.
Brooks Brothers, Dh285
• A washed-red hue is the perfect bold contrast to a crisp white shirt.
Polo Ralph Lauren, Dh310
• Complement the warm washed terracotta hue with greys and blacks.
J Brand, Dh640
• Really looking for a reaction? Just go for it.
Band of Outsiders, Dh445