Struggling for gift ideas this season? Fear not: we have 10 suggestions for perfect presents that will satisfy even the most discerning of recipients.
The hot list: Festive gifts wrapped up
1 Special scents
When it comes to gifting, you can’t go wrong with a scented candle, particularly when it’s produced by the luxury French brand Diptyque. This limited-edition, jewel-toned festive collection was designed by French design duo Tsé & Tsé and is available from Bloomingdale’s Home.
• Diptyque Holiday Candle Collection, Dh159 for 70g and Dh299 for 190g, Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall
2 Cherubic cushions
For an inexpensive but undeniably pretty present, we’d recommend this cherubic cushion from Zara Home.
• Cushion, Dh145, Zara Home stores nationwide
3 An Arabic offering
Present your loved ones with a true taste of the region with this Arabic flask, coffee pot and tray set. Even if they never get used, they’ll look stunning sitting on a side table.
• Flasks, Dh1,590 and tray, Dh495, Jashanmal stores nationwide
4 Take it as red
Make food preparation fun with these kitchen utensils by Casa Bugatti. The bright-red bottle opener, peeler and pizza slicer are sold individually, but would look best presented as a set.
• Gym kitchen tools, from Dh85, Jashanmal stores nationwide
5 A cut above
With its sturdy, solid-wood handle, this Claude Dozorme cheese knife, or “laguiole fromage”, is the ideal gift for fans of the finer things.
• Claude Dozorme cheese knife, Dh495, Jashanmal stores nationwide
6 Floral festivities
The Sofa Studio in Al Quoz is a great place to go for slightly unusual gifts, and offers everything from locally produced artwork to hand-woven rugs and ethnic-inspired accessories. We’ve got our eye on this simple, flower-emblazoned vase.
• Vase, Dh1,950, Sofa Studio, Al Quoz
7 Celebrity seating
The Marilyn Monroe-inspired Glamour chair from United Furniture will make a striking addition to any space. It’s one of those gifts that you’ll pretend you’re buying for your partner but are actually getting for yourself.
• Glamour chair, Dh5,270, United Furniture, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai and Al Qasimia Street, Sharjah
8 A tasty present
The Press Club: Modern Greek Cookery by George Calombaris, of MasterChef Australia fame, is the perfect gift for food-savvy friends.
• Dh150, Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall
9 Mother of all gifts
Check out the new collection from Interior 360, which is brimming with Middle East-inspired finds, including this lacquered, hand-inlaid mother-of-pearl box.
• Mother-of-pearl box, Dh449, Interior 360, Al Quoz and Galeries Lafayette, The Dubai Mall
10 A green Christmas
Possibly the tiniest greenhouse in the world, Grow is made of two handmade glass parts – the bottom holds the soil and plant while the top has a little spout for watering and letting air in.
• Dh189, D.Tales, Jumeirah Beach Road and DIFC, Dubai, Tourist Club Area, Abu Dhabi and www.design-tales.com
Follow us @LifeNationalUAE
Follow us on Facebook for discussions, entertainment, reviews, wellness and news.