Get voting on Instagram Stories
Interactive poll stickers introduced on Instagram
The photo-based social platform Instagram is introducing polling stickers within its stories.
The poll stickers will let users ask a question and see results from friends and followers as they vote. The interaction will be direct through the poll stickers, making engagement easy and instant.
This is how a two-option poll can be shared in a story to get real-time feedback:
- After you’ve taken a photo or video for your story, select the “poll” sticker and place it anywhere you’d like
- Write out your own question and even customise the poll choices
- After you’ve shared your poll, your friends and followers can immediately start voting and see real-time results
- Once someone has voted on your poll, they’ll see which choice is in the lead at any given moment
- To see your own poll results, swipe up to open the viewers list for that part of your story. Not only will you see how many votes each option received, but you’ll also see who voted and what option they chose.
This marks the first interactive feature on Instagram Stories.
Updated: October 4, 2017 11:35 AM