Brasserie 2.0, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai's chef gives out this steak recipe to try at home
Recipe: Beef Wellington, Brasserie 2.0-style
Friday brunch at Brasserie 2.0, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is at a different level as it has 10 live cooking stations and various cuisines.
We got the chef to give us the recipe of their brunch staple - Beef Wellington.
- Angus Tenderloin (1 to 1.2 kg)
- 200 g Button mushroom
- 100 g White onion
- 30 g Garlic
- 10 g Thyme
- 500 g Puff pastry sheet
- 50 g English mustard
- 50 ml Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Egg yolk
1. Clean the beef and remove the edges, including the head.
2. Chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic in small cubes; sauté them in olive oil until they are very tender, seasoning with salt, pepper and thyme to create your duxelles mixture. Reserve.
3. In a big pan or oven tray, seal the beef rotating to ensure is equal everywhere. Reserve.
4. Overlap two pieces of cling film over a large chopping board. Spread the mustard all over the beef, half of the mushroom duxelles on the bottom over the cling film, then keep the fillet on it and spread the remaining duxelles over. Use the cling film’s edges to draw around the fillet, and then roll it into a sausage shape, twisting the ends of cling film to tighten it. Chill the fillet at least 15 minutes to hold the mixture.
5. Roll the puff pastry on the table, remove the cling film from the beef and place it over the puff pastry. Roll the dough covering completely the beef, brushing the edges with the egg yolk to stick. Cut the edges, excess of dough, and use them to garnish the beef. Keep in the chiller for 30 minutes.
6. Place the beef in an oven tray, brush all over with the rest of the egg yolk and bake in a pre-heated oven to 190° C for around 25-30 minutes and the dough looks golden crispy for a medium fillet. Rest the Beef wellington for 10 minutes in the room temperature.
7. Slice the thickness you wish, serve and enjoy.