Places to dine out in the UAE for American Thanksgiving
American Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 26 and there is no shortage of places to celebrate. Here are 22 places to celebrate this beloved American holiday in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
For a southern-style American thanksgiving, head to Perry & Blackwelder’s in Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai. Instead of a roast turkey, you’ll get a bird deep-fried in peanut oil and injected with creole butter seasoning. You’ll get classic southern American sides and desserts such as fried cabbage; collard greens; candied yams; peach cobbler and pecan pie.
• From Thursday (November 26) through Saturday (November 28), noon to 11:30pm, Dh250. To book, call 04 432 3232
Silk Route Cafe at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi will serve up a Thanksgiving-themed brunch with dishes such as roast turkey; beef Cumberland sausage with chestnut stuffing; maple roast carrots and deep-filled apple, pumpkin and Key lime pies for dessert. There’s a children’s corner with a kid’s buffet and fun activities to keep little ones entertained.
• Friday (November 27) from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Dh139 with soft drinks. Kids under six dine free. To book, call 02 657 4888
The Black Lion, a new American gastropub in Dubai, is taking over the British gastropub, Reform Social & Grill in The Lakes to celebrate the holiday, but don’t expect traditional Thanksgiving cuisine. The five-course menu will include American favourites such as crab cakes; short rib hash; and baked vanilla cheesecake. Each course is paired with select beverages.
• Wednesday (November 25) from 7pm onward. Dh395. To book, call 04 454 2638. The Black Lion will also host a Thanksgiving evening brunch (roast turkey and all) in its own restaurant in The H Hotel on Thursday (November 26) from 6pm to 10pm for Dh250. To book, call 04 359 2366.
Market Kitchen in Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi is celebrating American Thanksgiving Monday (November 23) through Friday (November 27) from 7pm to 11pm. The modern American restaurant will serve up roast turkey breast; pecan and apple stuffing; sweet potatoes; carrot cake; pumpkin cheesecake and more.
• The set menu is Dh245 and includes one beverage. Market Kitchen will also host a themed brunch on Friday (November 27) with classic Thanksgiving dishes such as roast turkey, squash soup and pumpkin tart. From 1pm to 4pm. Brunch packages start at Dh190. To book, call 02 695 0300
Cravin’ Cajun in the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha will dish up a Cajun Thanksgiving feast on Thursday (November 26) with signature recipes from Louisiana. The menu includes roast turkey; mashed potatoes; honey-glazed carrots; sweet potatoes; cranberry sauce and smoked prime rib.
• The special menu is Dh100 with soft drinks. Or opt for a 7kg turkey brought directly to your table for Dh600. From 7pm to 11pm. To book, call 04 304 9000
Sportsman’s Arms, the newly opened eatery in Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi, will serve a Thanksgiving brunch on Thursday (November 26). The Irish-American gastropub’s three-course meal includes options such as roast turkey breast; butternut squash risotto; glazed meatloaf with buttermilk smashed potatoes; sweet potatoes with candied pecans and more. There will also be dishes with an Irish twist such as corned beef with jalapeño hash and pastrami-spiced cured salmon.
• From 6pm to 10pm. Packages start at Dh195. Children dine for Dh125. American football games will be shown live starting at 9:30pm with late night Thanksgiving-themed snack platters available from 9pm. To book, call 02 403 4235.
Catch Dubai in the Fairmont Dubai will serve up a special menu on Thursday (November 26) for guests who want an upscale twist on traditional Thanksgiving. Start with butternut squash soup and pumpkin salad with radicchio, goat’s cheese vinaigrette and toasted pumpkin seeds; then move on to honey-brined turkey with oyster stuffing; cast iron skillet cornbread; cranberry sauce and sides of sweet potatoes; green beans; mac and cheese; glazed carrots and more. Top it off with pumpkin-infused desserts and pecan pie.
• From 7pm onward. Dh450. To book, call 04 357 1755
Caramel Restaurant & Lounge, the upscale American restaurant in the The Collection within The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort in Abu Dhabi is offering a limited edition Thanksgiving menu with a four-course menu that includes butternut squash soup; pumpkin risotto; roast turkey with sausage stuffing, citrus cranberry compote; turkey gravy and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
• The set menu is available Monday (November 23) through Thursday (November 26) from 6pm onward. Dh179. To book, call 02 678 3344
Original Wings and Rings in DIFC will host an All-American Thanksgiving dinner with an open buffet of roast turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and all the other trimmings that round out the perfect Thanksgiving meal.
• Thursday (November 26) from 8pm to 11pm. Packages start at Dh189. Dh99 for kids under age 12. To book, call 04 359 6900
Try the Thanksgiving dinner buffet at Aqua in the Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi on Al Maryah Island. You’ll get roast turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and more. Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to 10:30pm for Dh170. Or try the restaurant’s Thanksgiving-themed brunch with options such as traditional whole roast turkey stuffed with apples and pears; stuffed turkey roll breast; pumpkin pie and caramelised pecan tart. Friday (November 27) from 12:30pm to 4pm. Brunch packages start at Dh250.
• To book, call 02 813 5552
Crab Tavern in Media One Hotel Dubai will host a Thanksgiving brunch with an appetiser platter of crab claws; Cajun shrimp; prawn cocktail and more. Options for mains include beef surf and turf; a fried turkey and the classic soft shell crab burger. For dessert, tables will receive a sharing style platter that includes chocolate brownies, baked cheesecake and maple-soaked waffles.
• Watch live American football starting at 9:30pm. Dh250 with soft drinks. Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to 11pm. To book, 04 420 7489
Try the Thanksgiving day menu at Casa Romana in the Hilton Al Ain. The star of the evening is the traditional roast turkey in a sauce made of orange juice, soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, juniper berries and star anise. Other dishes include beetroot and goat cheese salad; roasted root vegetables and bread and butter pudding with vanilla ice cream.
• Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to 11pm. Dh99. To book, call 03 706 7000
Cafe Palmier the all-day dining restaurant in Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, will host a special Thanksgiving-themed brunch with traditional roast turkey and other Thanksgiving favourites, including select American beverages. Guests will also get a peek at Cafe Palmier’s newly reinvented brunch, which now has a fairy tale theme.
• The Thanksgiving brunch is Friday (November 27) from 1pm to 4pm. Dh190 with soft drinks. Dh95 for kids ages six to 12. To book, call 02 695 0530
Try the Thanksgiving-themed set menu at The Ivy in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The menu boasts a roast turkey with all the trimmings, roasted monkfish; corn bread; fish chowder; mac and cheese. Desserts include caramel apple pie and sweet potato casserole with marshmallow.
• The Thanksgiving menu is available from Sunday (November 22) through Saturday (November 28). Dh350. To book, call 04 432 3232
Check out the special Thanksgiving brunch at The Hide in Dubai’s Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel. In addition to many of the dishes offered during their new brunch (which launched November 20), The Hide will serve up traditional Thanksgiving fare such as roast bronze turkey; trimmings fit for a king; pumpkin pie with a ginger crunch; and a stars and stripes souffle with a frozen white chocolate custard.
• The Thanksgiving brunch is on Friday (November 27) with three available seatings: 11:30am; 1pm and 2pm. Packages start at Dh395. To book, call 04 432 3232
The Gozo Garden in Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai will host a Thanksgiving day buffet. For tables of 10, you’ll get a whole roast turkey served directly to your table. Otherwise, you can customise your feast with traditional Thanksgiving fare from the buffet.
• Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to 11:30pm, Dh175 with soft drinks. Dh100 for kids ages six to 11; free for those five and under. To book, call 04 702 8888
Celebrate Thanksgiving with Cut by Wolfgang Puck at The Address Downtown Dubai. The restaurant offers a selection of amuse-bouche; a three-course set menu of Thanksgiving favourites; desserts (think apple pie) and an array of chocolate takeaways. If you’d rather steer clear of the meat, opt for the roasted lobster or truffle-infused mac and cheese. The Thanksgiving dinner is available Thursday (November 26) and Friday (November 27) from 5pm to midnight, Dh450. The restaurant will also host a special Thanksgiving-themed brunch on Friday (November 27) from noon to 4pm with packages starting at Dh290.
• To book, call 04 888 3444
The Rib Room in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai will serve an upscale four-course set menu for dinner that offers a twist to the traditional Thanksgiving table. Indulge in lobster bisque; duck liver; turkey roulade or prime rib (carved tableside) and Devonshire apple pie.
• Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to midnight, Dh375. To book, call 04 453 0444
Speakeasy Bar and Restaurant in the Ramada Plaza in JBR has a special three-course set menu to celebrate American Thanksgiving. Start with butternut squash soup or a garden salad before continuing on to a main course of either traditional turkey roulade with roasted veggies and cranberry gravy or herb crusted lamb chops with baby vegetables, a potato cake and caramelised shallot jus. For dessert, choose from traditional pumpkin pie or sticky toffee date pudding. A live band will add to the festive mood starting at 9:30pm.
• Thursday (November 26) from 7pm to 11pm. Dh129. To book, call 04 439 8888
Mistral at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate in Dubai has a surf and ‘turf’ evening brunch with a special turkey station that includes all the traditional Thanksgiving sides. The buffet features chefs preparing meats and seafood at live cooking stations around the venue. Themed desserts special for the occasion include pumpkin pie and spiced cake. There will also be a live band on hand.
• Thursday (November 26) from 6:30pm to 11:30pm. Dh199 with soft drinks. To book, call 04 444 5613
Try the Thanksgiving brunch in Al Bahou at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate in Dubai beneath 88 grand Moroccan lanterns. There will be a special turkey carving station in addition to the brunch’s regular offering. A children’s corner will feature a special buffet, bouncy castle, face painters and a movie theatre.
• Friday (November 27) from 12:30pm to 4pm. Dh295 with soft drinks; Dh145 for kids ages seven to 12. To book, call 04 444 5613
Clinton Street Baking Company will serve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey; jalapeño corn bread; cranberry sauce and more; but for those who want to celebrate at home, don’t miss Clinton Street’s famous takeaway Thanksgiving desserts. Choose from the restaurant’s famous pumpkin pie made with real pumpkin (not from a can); creamy pumpkin New York cheesecake; classic apple pie; pecan pie and more. All can be ordered to take home so you can end your own holiday spread on the perfect sweet note. Bonus: Everything at Clinton Street is made with organic ingredients.
• The dinner runs Thursday (November 26) from 6pm to midnight. To book a table or to order takeaway desserts, call 04 428 1331
Try one of these outlets to order a takeaway turkey to enjoy at home (some include all the trimmings). Book soon — many outlets require 72 hours advance notice.
La Cuisine de Manou Catering, Abu Dhabi, 02 552 6608
Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, 02 657 4888
Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, 02 407 1138
Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa by Anantara, Abu Dhabi, 02 656 1000
Lavanda Bakery Cafe, Abu Dhabi, 02 667 4200
Jones the Grocer, Al Mamoura, Al Muneera, Al Raha Gardens and Khalidiya locations in Abu Dhabi, www.jonesthegrocer.com
JW Marriott Marquis, Dubai, 04 414 3000
Jones the Grocer, Al Manara, Dubai, 04 346 6886
Ramada Plaza, JBR, Dubai, 04 439 8888
The Pantry Cafe, Dubai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Dubai Marina, 04 454 9538
Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, Dubai Marina, 04 315 3875
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, 04 457 3457
The Ivy, Dubai, 04 319 8767
Updated: November 19, 2015 04:00 AM