Million dirham gowns: 10 of Michael Cinco's most extravagant wedding dresses
Some of the Dubai-based Filipino couturier's creations need to be seen to be believed
Dubai-based Filipino couturier MIchael Cinco has dressed the likes of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue and Lady Gaga on the red carpet, but his bridal creations are those that tend to truly steal the show.
The designer, who works out of his atelier in Dubai Design District, is known for his outlandish custom creations for royal and VIP weddings. He's so well known for them, in fact, that he's built a legion of one million fashion fans on Instagram just by posting pictures of his craft.
Cinco studied at prestigious Central Saint Martin's, and his hand-finished gowns can cost from hundreds of thousands to many millions of dirhams.
Here are some of his greatest bridal gowns yet...
1. This gown crafted for an Abu Dhabi bride just last week is made from subtle layers of tulle and organza and is adorned with thousands of Swarovski crystals:
Here's a close up of the dress...
2. Watch this video to see the Michael Cinco team craft a four-metre cape for the wedding dress of Filipino actress and singer Rochelle Pangilinan.
The striking train was encrusted with Swarovski crystals, beads and pearls. Click to play:
Here's a glimpse of how dramatic the gown was on the big day (which was on the island of Luzon in the Philippines):
3. This beautiful blush pink dress is made of delicate French lace and is made dazzling thanks to thousands of Swarovski crystals. It was worn by Filipina dermatologist and TV star Vicki Belo as she walked down the aisle in Paris. Click to play video:
The designer himself even rode in the bridal car with Mrs Belo en-route to her wedding. Talk about service:
4. Victoria Swarovski is an heir to the Swarovski crystal empire and a pop star in Austria. The 23-year-old wore a crystal gem-adorned gown with a six-metre train as she walked down the aisle in Italy.
Elle estimated that the gown cost Dh3.7 million:
5. This ash grey and gold custom gown was made for a royal wedding in India, and is also completely covered in Swarovski crystals (which is clearly a Michael Cinco USP):
6. An African princess wore this to her wedding: the stunning 20-foot-long cape is given an ethereal sheen thanks to translucent crystals:
7. The floral appliqué on this Armenian bride's Michael Cinco gown is beyond intricate. Click to play:
While it's not a wedding dress, the beautiful embroidered gown that Michael Cinco custom made for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for Cannes last year needs an honourable mention (plus, it wouldn't look out of place walking down the aisle):
8. In fact, Indian bride Hasini Boinapally wore a very similar Michael Cinco gown, but this time in a bolder blue, to her wedding in November last year:
9. This Lebanese bride had the extra flair of Ostrich feathers added to her dove grey beaded gown:
10. And last, but most certainly not least, is this jaw-dropping gown with a three-metre, and very voluminous train that features vines crafted from crystal. It was made for a bride in Abu Dhabi:
Updated: January 11, 2018 04:29 PM