If, for some reason the Italian fashion house Elisabetti Franchi is not yet on your radar, here are five reasons why now is the time to check out this interesting brand.
5 reasons why we love Elisabetta Franchi
The fashion industry is bursting with labels, so making a brand stand out is a serious challenge these days. One way is to have – and stick to – a set of principles that go beyond making clothes. Elisabetta Franchi is one such company that is not afraid to take a stance on some contentious issues. Oh, and it makes great clothes too.
1. It is fur-free. Everyone seems to be going fur-free these days (think Versace, Gucci and even Armani), but Franchi stopped using animal pelts in 2012, and instead focuses on making fabulous faux.
2. It has the best earrings. Although it is best known as a fashion label, its accessories are always seriously interesting. The latest autumn/winter collection for example, features a range of long, decadent earrings that will jazz up any outfit.
3. It makes a dog-shaped hand muff. Although the UAE will never have the weather that requires the use of a muff to keep hands warm, if a freak snow storm ever suddenly descends, I know where I will be shopping.
4. It made this dress. A floaty confection of tulle and embroidery, and featured in Luxury magazine’s recent fashion shoot aboard the QE2 in Dubai.
5. It puts its money where its mouth is. As part of the company’s global commitment towards a cruelty-free future, this year the brand is building and funding Island Dog Village EF. Envisioned as a sanctuary for dogs in Northern China, it will house animals rescued from the notoriously cruel dog meat industry, in particular the annual cat and dog meat festival in Yulin.