One of the most eerily beautiful phenomena of the UAE winter is the morning fog. Here are our favourite photos on Instagram
Beautiful scenes captured as fog rolls across the UAE
Fog in the UAE. It's a winter occurrence that means flight delays and low visibility on the roads; but it also means breathtaking photos of the UAE's skyscrapers piercing through the heavy blanket of cloud.
Here are some of our photographers' best photos of heavy fog from the past, and below are your best photos from this morning's foggy start.
1. This shot was taken from a balcony in Dubai, but it looks like it was taken from a plane. It shows the Sheikh Zayed Road skyline on the horizon.
2. Iconic Abu Dhabi buildings, like the Gate Towers, manage to make an appearance, just, through the heavy cloud at sunrise in the capital this morning.
3. The fact that only a touch of the new Address Boulevard hotel manages to peak out of the clouds in this beautiful photo exemplifies just how all-encompassing the fog was this morning (the tower is 72-storeys tall):
4. And, similarly, here's a shot of the 72-storey Landmark tower near Abu Dhabi's Corniche Road. The tower is 324 metres tall:
5. Cloud cover creeps over the ocean in this shot taken from Dubai Marina:
6. The Burj Khalifa, at 830 metres tall, appears almost unperturbed by the rolling cloud cover:
7. This video (click to play) shows the fog cover over JLT this morning:
8. And here's the fog clearing from Dubai Marina's waters:
9. New Dubai icon, the Dubai Frame, pokes out from the fog in this photo taken near Dubai World Trade Centre:
10. The buildings of JLT and Dubai Marina poke their heads through the clouds in this series of pictures: