Cost of data cut by 29 per cent in GCC countries
Etisalat slashes roaming rates for data, texts and calls
Etisalat has announced it has reduced its roaming rates for voice calls, SMS and data starting from April 1.
It said in a statement that pre- and post-paid customers will benefit discounted roaming rates on data, outgoing voice calls to UAE, GCC and local destinations and outgoing SMS while travelling to any GCC countries through any roaming partner.
The reduced rates have been introduced in coordination with the Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA), with savings as follows:
• Outgoing calls to UAE & other GCC - reduced 3 per cent
• Outgoing local calls - reduced 4 per cent
• Outgoing SMS - reduced 14 per cent
• Incoming call - reduced 21 per cent
• Data - reduced 29 per cent
The telecom provider is currently in the process of upgrading its mobile networks as it prepares to meet requirements for 5G networks, Internet of Things, and other cutting-edge technologies.