Aramco says its operations remain uninterrupted amid Covid-19
Saudi Arabia, where Aramco is headquartered, enforced a strict lockdown and suspended international flights to contain the virus
Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil exporting company, said the coronavirus pandemic did not impact its operations or its supply chains.
"Our inbuilt systems for managing global crises ensure all our sites remain operational. Our supply chains also remain uninterrupted, as we continue to work with our partners to ensure safe delivery of materials," the company said on Monday.
Saudi Arabia, Opec's top producer for oil, has recorded the highest number of infections among the GCC countries, with 28,656 infections and 191 confirmed deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University, which is tracking the disease. The country has also enforced a strict lockdown and suspended all international flights from the kingdom.
Saudi Arabia, along with fellow members of the Opec+ alliance, began cutting back 9.7 million barrels per day from the end of April to counter rising global inventories. Crude producers are looking to roll back record production amid a demand crunch from the Covid-19 pandemic, which has forced most countries into lockdowns.
Aramco, which had earlier planned to spend $40 billion (Dh147bn) for 2020, cut spending to between $25bn and $30bn for this year.
Updated: May 4, 2020 07:49 PM