The hot list: Seasonal delights
If you’re entertaining this Eid, create a table setting that’s a little out of the ordinary. Keep things dark and dramatic, with flashes of silver and the odd pop of colour.
1 Back in black
The black Della Robbia tray by the Florentine brand Mario Luca Giusti is a must-have – we love the combination of a contemporary material, acrylic, with a very traditional shape. The tray comes in two sizes and a range of different colours.
• Della Robbia tray, Dh550 (for the large version), Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall)
2 Blooming great
We love the French designer Herve Gambs’s floral compositions. This beautifully scented Fuchsia Orchid forms part of the Love Couture collection, and comes in both black and white cubes.
• Fuchsia Orchid, Dh195 (for the small version), Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall
3 Bowled over
This pretty mother-of-pearl bowl is the perfect accompaniment to a darker-toned table setting. Skilled artisans apply the mother of pearl to the enamelled aluminium bowl, which ensures that it’s as sturdy as it is striking.
• Grey Mother of Pearl Bowl, Dh1,970, Ethan Allen, The Dubai Mall
4 Little and large
If you’re looking for something a touch more traditional to place in the middle of your table, try the Alena vases by Crate & Barrel. We like the idea of mixing the small and large versions, so, if you have the space, why not group three or four together for variety?
• Alena vases, Dh35 (for the large version), Crate & Barrel, Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates
5 Cruet to be kind
Mario Luca Giusti is also behind the Susy Cruet, which comes in this “smoked” version, as well as red, green and clear models. It’s another example of the brand’s ability to make common acrylic look super sophisticated.
• Susy Cruet, Dh375, Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall
Updated: July 24, 2014 04:00 AM