Five things to look forward to at JLo's Dubai concert
The 48-year-old shows no sign of slowing down
There are certain qualities those in the limelight have that afford them the status and definition of a global superstar. In JLo's case, these are tenfold: she's fashion-forward, a gifted actor; entrepreneurial, an unbelievable stage performer who masters the balance between singing, dancing and crowd interaction. And she's not hard to look at, either.
The superstar kicked off her whirlwind Dubai trip with a performance at the Dinner with The Stars Gala event at Atlantis The Palm on November 15. The exclusive dinner, part of the Dubai Airshow celebrations, pulled in some 3,000 guests.
If you haven’t got your tickets for her concert on November 17, here are five reasons to go and see Jennifer Lopez live in Dubai:
1. The Songs: Jenny from The Block, I Ain't Your Mama, Get Real, I’m Real, Waiting for Tonight and Let’s Get Loud. The hit singles, which will make you want to dance, and love, and dance again, are all on the set list. Some have been remixed slightly to give extra zing to the live performance, but you’ll love them.
2. The Fashion – Fact: JLo is a fashion icon. She has never been shy to push the boundaries. When you have the best designers lining up to dress you, you’re one of the most beautiful people in the world and you’re ready to give it a good go, you live up to your hype. We got to see her in at least five different outfits over the course of the 80-minute performance, so fashionistas look out for that.
3. The Love: Lopez is definitely in love... and you hear it perfectly when she performs in Spanish. Her new single, Amor, Amor, Amor has just launched, so you’ll be one of the first to see her perform it live. If you can’t speak Spanish, the chorus is easy enough to sing along to. Practise here:
4. The R.E.S.P.E.C.T – with all the sexual harassment cases hitting Hollywood, Lopez is asking - on behalf of all women - for a little respect. It’s her own spin on Aretha Franklin’s smash hit, so watch out for that.
5. The Dancing - We’ve seen her on the big screen and we love it, we love her singles, but we don’t often get to see her perform live. If you do nothing else, then watch her perform alongside her dancers in some of the hottest, slickest choreography around. The 48-year-old shows no sign of slowing down.
Updated: November 16, 2017 05:50 PM