x Abu Dhabi, UAEFriday 22 September 2017

In today's entertainment news: Kardashian gives up on the fairy tale

Also: Victoria Beckham wins fashion kudos; Cher and Nicki Minaj feud on Twitter; unseen Jackson footage fails to sell at auction.

While Kim Kardashian continues to milk her wedding-and-divorce-based fame, a movement is afoot to boycott everything Kardashian. Chris Pizzello / AP Photo
While Kim Kardashian continues to milk her wedding-and-divorce-based fame, a movement is afoot to boycott everything Kardashian. Chris Pizzello / AP Photo

Kim Kardashian has come to the conclusion that her dreams of the perfect romance will not come true, and so has abandoned them for more "realistic" goals, reports the New York Post.

"Maybe my fairy tale has a different ending than I dreamed it would," she says in a forthcoming cover story for the US edition of Glamour magazine.

"I always wanted what Mom and Dad had. And at first, I was like, 'I want six kids.' Then I went down to four ... and now I'm like, 'Maybe I won't have any.' Maybe I'll just be a good aunt."

Kardashian's divorce from the professional basketball player Kris Humphries, which came 72 days after their August wedding, was captured in a two-part special that begins in the UAE on E! on Sunday night and continues the following Sunday. Despite fears of a backlash, the Post reports the breakup seemed to draw more viewers. According to the paper, ratings for the US premiere of the second season of E!'s Kourtney & Kim Take New York drew six per cent from the first season.

Meanwhile, an online petition called "No More Kardashian" is pushing for a mass boycott of everything associated with the reality TV star. The petition, accessible through BoycottKim.com and targeting E!, has gathered more than 170,000 signatures and will be open to the public until tomorrow. "We are respectfully requesting that your network find other shows to air," says the official boycott site. "Enough is enough."

There is also a Boycott Kim Facebook page and official YouTube petition video.

Beckham fashion kudos

The former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham's elevation into the fashion industry's elite was confirmed on Monday when she was awarded a major prize at Britain's most prestigious design awards. The singer and wife of the footballer David Beckham won the Best Designer Brand prize at the British Fashion Awards ceremony held in central London's exclusive Savoy Hotel.

Wearing a black halter-neck gown, Beckham claimed the "fashion Oscar" after winning against competition from the industry giants Stella McCartney, Tom Ford and Burberry.

Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton, who designed the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress and her sister Pippa Middleton's bridesmaid outfit, walked off with the evening's top prize, Designer of the Year.

Other winners included the model Stella Tennant and the TV presenter turned catwalk star Alexa Chung.

* AFP

Cher and Nicki Minaj feud on Twitter

Over the weekend, a fan sent this tweet to the music icon Cher: "Did you know that @NickiMinaj dissed you in her song Did It On 'Em?" referring to the line from Minaj's song that says, "If you could turn back time, Cher / You used to be here, now you're gone."

Cher playfully replied to the fan: "I've seen lots of people come & go! No biggie!"

This apparently didn't sit well with the notably feisty Minaj, who tweeted to Cher: "#stopit".

Well, it didn't stop there because Minaj's boyfriend entered the ring, threw offensive attacks to Cher and told her off: "Yo ... do you know what a rap metaphore is???"

Cher, who may have been desperate to move on with her life, replied: "You're right! I'm wrong! U R Right!"

Unseen Jackson footage fails to sell at auction

Have the fans of the late king of pop finally moved on?

Previously unseen footage of Michael Jackson's 1993 Dangerous tour in Argentina failed to sell at auction in Britain on Saturday, despite expectations to fetch as much as US$8 million (Dh29.4m).

"At this stage it has not sold," a spokesman for The Fame Bureau auctioneers said. "We are still talking to people."

The two-hour footage was shot by Jackson's production crew, intended as an intimate portrait of the star on tour. Jackson was reportedly unhappy with the video's quality and gave the only copy to his driver, who's now trying to sell the footage.